INDIA’S E-TOURIST VISA PROVES TO BE A GREAT SUCCESS
Figures released by the India Tourist Office in London (late 2016) suggest that the e-tourist visa system has made it easier to travel to India by reducing the time and expense previously required in securing official permission to enter the country. Raj Sunani, assistant director at the India Tourism Office London, (quoted in the trade press newspaper Travel Weekly) said: “Until August 2015, British visitors had to go through a process of booking an appointment and presenting relevant documentation at visa processing centres, a relatively long process. Now, the India e-tourist visa scheme has vastly simplified travel to India and is a proven success. The scheme is expected to boost UK tourist arrivals to India, assisting in India tourism’s aim to attract one million UK visitors to the country.” The e-tourist visas were initially launched on a limited basis in November 2014 in 77 countries. The scheme was expanded in August 2015 to cover 113 countries, including the UK. Travellers to India who hold an e-visa are permitted to arrive at one of 16 designated airports and can travel to India twice in a calendar year.
The e-tourist visa now involves a completely online application for which no facilitation is required by any intermediary / agents. For any clarification or doubt contact: email@example.com. The e-tourist visa facility is available for nationals of following countries/territories: Albania, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China- SAR Hongkong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d’lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Eligibility for the e-tourist visa is based on the following:
- travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation , sight seeing , casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular visa at the Indian Mission.
- Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
Any further questions, please feel free to contact Select Representation or our Indian partner Trail Blazer Tours (TBi).